Saturday, April 14, 2007

Contra Dancing

Hannah took me contra dancing.

Fabulous folk dancing.

I would like to recap the nights greatest moments.

*I was invited to Boston AND Nova Scotia by a gentlemen I now call Mr. Nova Scotia. He's quite anxious to see me again and desperately hoping that I attend next weeks dance.

*One kind man taught me the Waltz.

*Some men are creepy and one such man perfectly named "The Sniffer" captured Hannah before she was warned. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

*We actually needed a dancing card like in the "olden" days. Ie: May I have this dance? (no, I'm promised) May I have the next one? (No, that one is spoken for as well.) May I have dance number 3? (Yes.)

*I was wearing a green tank top and became known as the "lady in green." (Is this a bad thing???) "No," said another male dancer. "Believe me, it is GOOD to dance with the lady in green."

*"Oh, I'll spin you!" This is a phrase that makes you nervous!!!! At times my feet left the floor.

*I got to wear a pin that read Beginner Dancer

*There's another guy we call "Ben Afleck" for obvious reasons; he is REALLY cute. He's also great to dance with.

*We were invited Swing Dancing, Waltz, and Salsa this week alone!

*We were invited to a Dancing Pot Luck...

*The word No is your new best friend. Some guys wanted to promise the WHOLE night of dancing to just them.

*Some men wear skirts.

*Squares are the hardest.

*Guys come up and say "I remember that your name is Laura" and meanwhile I have NO clue who they are.

Well, you might say that I'm getting high and mighty and pretty full of myself right? No. The truth is that guys out number the girls. Although after a dance ends you'll see guys bee lining it towards you. hahahahahahaha, ladies be warned! but, it was quite a fabulous time. I truly enjoyed myself. I will definitely be back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an amazing time! :) Tons of fun no doubt. :)

miller_schloss said...

I heart contra dancing. I can't wait to go again.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Oh yes Becky,now that we "know" each other we need to go dancing together! So much fun, wow!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is the best post ever. I'm twisting my face up so I don't laugh aloud right now!

The Sniffer. It just SOUNDS hilarious.