So Business huh. Official business with Nigeria. More pictures to come as the event was FILMED by a news crew AND we had a group picture. It was an official meeting, WITH congressmen and all that jazz. Oh yes, foreign investment, sustainable development, is this not my favourite topic of conversation???? My opinion was asked on how to promote foreign investment, and one Nigerian called me an "expert" on African relations. That was when I was talking to the press, so I'm hoping that I don't get quoted on anything...
Truth: I need to buy a suit ASAP. It needs to be sharp and totally European if I'm going to be dealing with foreigners on a regular basis. Instead I felt frumpy. First India, now Nigeria... I need a suit.
Bathroom: A woman was in awe that I "worked" at the Capital... She was with a tour group... I really just wanted to use the bathroom. Eeeeeeeeeeeek!
My boss now has my personal cell phone number. I'm not sure this is a good idea. I've already been called 4 times, I'm not sure he knows what to do without me. lol
4 comments:
So you're already irreplaceable, hunh? That's pretty cool.
Clarissa
Hi Laura,
Bethany found Angels' blog and she told us where you are living. We are in the DC area and want to connect with you!! We've talked with your parents. They are proud of you. They said you came to our church at McLean Bible. Small world. Bea Sheets
Hi Laura!
Just talked to your folks and they sound like they haven't gotten any older at all. You haven't gotten any older have you? Working downtown makes you a big-time commuter, 'eh? I'm impressed! Hey! Look us up!
I can't believe that you guys are here too! That's crazy! Non of us really get older, our bodies just stop working exactly as they should... I will look you guys up, maybe see if the folks have an email. Yah, I'd totally love to see you guys again.
Post a Comment