The wind is out of control. The rain is out of control. The whole East Coast is out of control. So, as I stood at my bus stop this morning in the wind AND rain, I should have had some sort of premonition as to how my day was going to turn out. I didn't, and so the following events came as quite a shock. Back to the beginning, I stood in the rain. The bus pulled up only to stop ten feet past me. No problem I say avoiding puddles and stand at the door, but the door doesn't open. Meanwhile I stand in the rain. Finally with a woosh, the door opens and with a few wacky jerks the bus pulls forward....only to fly by our required route.
"Wooooooooooooh, waz up Slim? Watchoo think yer doin?" sayz a black girl holding a Razor to her ear wearing Ugg bootz and smacking Bubbalicious.
Meanwhile a guy hops out, stops traffic and we right ourselves. "Uh oh," says I, "I might miss my metro." Seeing that nothing could be done I pulled out Lermontov and began reading.
We then narrowly missed a car, more cars, some pedestrians and had to back up a few more times due to poor driving. He also seemed to have trouble with the whole "brake system." He made many a lady walk through mud... Poor guy, who wants to drive a bus in this place? Who wants to drive a bus at all? So I talked to some drivers, and most of them are from Africa over here on work Visa's. Nice guys, they are. Just trying to make a life for themselves in the big city...just like me.
1 comment:
Oh, this one's funny. I'm glad the weather is better today... and by "better" I mean "at least it's not raining."
Post a Comment