Thursday, January 25, 2007

Looking for a Roomie


So, I spent some time on rent.com looking for potential roomies. This worked for me in Michigan so I figured that I would "give it a go." brilliant, I know. So, I began purusing through ads. Yes, I say ads. It seriously felt like a dating site. My title was "moving east." Among my favourites:

" Women seeking female"
"Seeking fun female"
"Seeking fun, with girl in similar lifestyle"
"not looking for a best friend"
"I don't like drama. Let's keep it that way."

That's just lovely. It really is. I mean, come on! I don't know what else to say about that! Are these girls trying to send the message that they are normal? but do I look normal on that thing? I can't say that I have a "sarcastic" personality as they might think I'm pessimistic. Which I am, BUT will they want to room with me IF they know that. Haha, lovely. It's the whole let's move in together and TRY not to kill eachother and maybe just maybe become friends in the process. That's not true, maybe I'm just feeling a little dejected after the whole roommate in Turkey fiasco. I certainly can't afford to live on my own and who wants that anyway? I'd have to get a cat and then that would restrict my travelling habits and we CAN'T have that!

So

Last night I went to a seminar at the hospital to learn about a new vaccine. The only problem was, I was like the ONLY person there under the age of 30 and not wearing scrubs. I felt a little left out and I TRIED to act like a grown up. He was talking about giving booster shots and asked "us" to raise our hands if we'd ever administered a booster for, polio or chicken pox. and like 75% of the room raised their hands proudly proclaiming their healthcare status. I of course felt like a nerd. I thought about raising my hand and then I realized just how dumb I would look. I'd already admitted to the ladies at my table that I wasn't into the whole nursing thing. We were all given a HUGE chunk of caramel apple cheesecake, MY FAVORITE! I was really excited about eating mine when all three of the women started talking about how SAD it was that their husbands didn't get to eat any of the cheesecake. "oh, if only I could take it to go!" the woman with wrinkles said as she plunged her cheesecake into a drinking glass. Yep, you guess it. This woman was so intent on sharing that she wedged the cheesecake into a plastic glass. And they thought I was immature???? Her husband, "made her pot roast," she just had to share. What's that about??? He didn't have to sit through an hour and a half seminar talking about the plagues of being a woman....? My plague, cheesecake right to the thighs.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Nope. I would love to say that I love Mark enough to bring him cheesecake in a cup, but I don't.

Sadly, I don't.

Anonymous said...

Share cheesecake!?! Why? Rediculous. I don't think I've ever heard a group of women sad that their husbands couldn't be there to share decadent desserts. I certainly wouldn't be sad. Besides, Jimmy would probably get full too quickly and waste some of it, which is such a sin!

Clarissa