Friday, January 19, 2007

The Beauty of Having Di Here

Normally I have the upstairs all to myself. So, whenever I begin the shower or wash my hands the water is frigid, just like outside. It isn't a wonderful experience. BUT, since Di gets up before me the water in the pipes has been waiting for me all nice and warm. Fabulous! I love it.

Coffee has been waiting for me everyday this week and that has been fabulous as well. Super yummy.

And she's become a friend.

It's funny how life goes. I have friends and family here and I'm surrounded by it. And soon I'll move again. I'm a mover and a drifter. I'm never in one place for very long, or so it seems. Signing a one year lease is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay difficult. I've signed 3 separate one year leases on apartments and only once have I ever made it to the end. I should be a pro at moving and packing things up. People call me adventurous as I have this desire to travel and see places. The truth is that it is easier to get on a plane and fly to Germany than it is to fly in the states. I guess in a way I like living abroad due to the language barrier. I can be upset and they don't know what to do with me. They think it's a cultural thing and let me be. But here, I get upset and people know, and people press. They want to know how I'm feeling and what brought this on... So I love being here at home and we go to church and EVERYONE knows you, your business or gossips to find out about your business. But, in a way it is nice to be a stranger in the church. Like when I move and begin the inevitable church shopping. Sometimes it's nice to slip into the back pew and contemplate life. In a way it is comfortable to remain anonymous. But being alone isn't all it's cracked up to be either. As it was said earlier this week, "What fun is a hole in one if you can't share it with someone?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soooo where are u headed nxt dear?