Monday, December 18, 2006

Flappin' in the Wind


It began like any normal night of accounting... So, I was walking from the parking lot towards the school, and so was this other kid. It wasn't long before I realized that our pace was nearly identical and henceforth began the mental "door anguish." Is he going to assume that I am a "modern" woman and hold the door open for me? Is he going to be afriad to hold open the door because I might be a femin-nazi? As we neared the building, the unthinkinkable happened. You see, my matched pace partner was a character. He had on a strange plaid shirt that you could clearly see as his coat wasn't zipped despite the wicked wind. His shoes were well, they just didn't fit the whole "outfit" he had going on. But we had eye contact and this guy bolted for the door. As he loped to the building his jacket flapped in the wind, his bookbag swung wildly, and his arms flailed around as if propelling him forward. And henceforth I became REALLY irritated that he wanted to get in front of me that bad. I mean, come on, I'll let you go first. For the love people!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then he gallantly yanked open the door and stepped aside holding it for me! Seriously people, he ran to hold the door for me. Sweetness huh. As my Mom said, chivalry is NOT dead!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow. It lives.

So. . . being totally a "girl". .. was he cute?

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Nope, not so much...

Anonymous said...

OK -- I think the whole chivarly thing is cool -- but what does it have to do with a barn? (Which is also cool!) :-)

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Nothing. Didn't want an empty post and I didn't have a super cool photo of flapper boy. I know, sad day for all of us!