Thursday, November 16, 2006

I've Made My Decesion

I've decided to return home to America. I was truly struggling as a single, foreign, lightly skinned person, but now it is time to leave. It isn't giving up, this is the final straw. I don't feel safe outside my home and now I don't even have a home. A lot of things have been happening that I haven't added to my blog. A lot. Struggle, after struggle has been thrown my way and I have done my best to overcome them as God was calling me here. I've spent a lot of time in prayer and my work here is finished. I'm not comfortable with the situation at school either. I have not signed a contract, and when i spoke with them about a number of problems they said, "Sorry, there is nothing that can be done. This is Turkey. It is tradition." Then I said, "I don't have a contract." and they said, "Oh, well then we will see what we can do." That is unethical and wrong, the contract is only beneficial to one side. If you leave in the middle of your contract, you pay all the remaining months of your salary. Yesterday I threatened to leave the school, today I am telling the school that I am leaving. Why haven't I signed a contract with the school? Because I wasn't comfortable with it. Awhile ago I talked with my Dad and he mentioned that he didn't think my personality would accept a contract such as this. It doesn't. If they wanted me to sleep with them, I would have to becasue I signed the contract. That is not ok, and I could never do it. So all in all, nothing is going is going well and I'm currently homeless. But the decesion is made and I am going home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, I am praying let me know if there is anything that I can do. I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that I am thrilled that you are coming home. I am also very proud of you for going and staying as long as the Lord wanted you to stay. I know you and how you have given this totally to God. I know this trip has been a learning experience that the Lord has had you grown from. I love you my friend and can’t wait to see you!
Love you, Paula
PS You are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura: I will keep praying for you. I really admire you -- your courage and your wisdom. God bless you!! Julaine

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I'm so sorry dear. I just want to teleport to Istanbul and grab you and take you home with me right now. My heart hurts for you. I am praying for your swift and SAFE return.
I love you!
Clarissa

Anonymous said...

Laura, I agree with Paula! I was talking to your mom Wed. and I'm glad you've come to be at peace with the decision to come home. I'm sure there are MANY people here who will be happy to have you back! You better believe I am one of them! I'll be praying for your heart and travel safety. We will have to catch up once you get home! Love you!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Laura,
Tonight, as I was driving home from Fremont, I glanced at a beautiful sunset - just like the one in your blog pic of Nebraska. I was reminded to pray for you right then ... and so I obeyed. :) As I glanced back to catch a glimpse of the fading sun, I saw the most beautiful falling star ever. It was just like one of the 4th of July fireworks that streaks through the sky leaving behind a blaze of sparks. It just made me smile and I had to call Becky and tell her about it, too! I am sorry for the pain you have experienced. I pray that God will bring you peace and comfort. Praying for your safe return ... Phil. 4:6-7.
Roo's mom