Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hey lady, Excuse me please, I speak English!

This is a pic of the wonderful spice bazaar! Below the spices are mounds of wonderful Turkish Delight. They are much firmer than "Narnia" would have you believe.

This is an average greeting for me at the Bazaar.

-I speak English would you like to have some tea?
-From a carpet salesman, "Hey lady, I like your shoes."
-Excuse me please, it is free to browse my shop.
-Come into my store.
-Hey lady, just look. No? But I am closed tomorrow.
-Hey lady, I speak English. (no response from me) I speak, French, Spanish, and Chinese also...
-Where you from? America? I am so lucky today.
-Hey lady, hand painted camel bone.
-Please just a look, just a look please.
-Me: Neca dar? (how much does this cost) Him: uh, 30 lira, no 20, no 15, no 10, still no? Ok lady for you 5 lira... (He irritated me so it was still no and I walked away.)

Despite molesting salesmen, I enjoyed the bazaar! It was a brilliant event and I look forward to returning! It just goes on and on and on....................

No comments: