Monday, September 18, 2006

Turkcell

Mobile phones are a BIG deal here in Istanbul! Everyone keeps bugging me about getting a cell phone. Well last week I bought my Simm card and I'm borrowing a phone from Mert. It is great huh! Now when (notice the when, not if) I get lost I will be able to call someone. But now I have to go work on a project for my students because my Mom sent me markers, crayons AND Scissors! YAY! I am sooooooooooo excited about Crayola!!!!!! And receiving a package is so fabulous! I saw an American napkin in the box and I'd forgotten them already in favor of the Turkish napkins. Yup, things truly are alike, but different! Also note the KFC sign in the background; yes Mert and Aysegul treated me to chicken from the Colonial!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I'm so proud. Dad