Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ortaköy

This is a Turkish Baked Potato. Yah, I know, crazy. Let me tell you what is in these gigantic yummy carb happy patates (potatos). White cheese, butter, cous cous type stuff, hot dogs, Turkish sour cream, cucumber, carrots, peas and olives. YUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone comes to visit me, you have to try. It is soooooo good. Some people top it off with dijon mustard and ketchup, but I think that would ruin it. Well, maybe the mustard would be good. They have such yummy mustard here!!!!!! And notice my Coke Light on the side... That makes eating a super fatty thing ok right? But then you have these stick thing annorexic Turkish girls digging into HUGE potatoes. Some of these potatoes are Gigantor, WAY bigger than US patates. Yum.

3 comments:

T-Mac said...

Yummy!

L & H said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. I feel as if I'm experiencing everything with you, which, is of course the idea.
The potato sounds really good. So you've been to Starbucks and KFC. What other restaurants are there that we would know? McDonald's or Hard Rock Cafe?
I know what you mean about the cell phones. I was only in England for 3 months and people thought that I needed a cell phone. But I'm glad that you have one now, for safety and finding your way. : )
Miss you! Love, heather

Angie said...

Wow - there is NO such thing as a bad potato, in my book. This looks very, very yummy.

Glad I found the new site.

I've got a blog, too. Of course, I haven't taken any spud pictures lately, but it could happen!