
This is the "Ceremonial Gate on the shoreline" used by the Sultan. Hmmmm, maybe after he was done playing around in the Bosphorus? (All these pics are from the same place...)

This building is well known for it's Moorish style windows taken from Arabic sketches. Work began on the project in the 1850's.

The residence of the Last Ottoman Sultan. Now it is a 5 Star Hotel and you will pay around 500 Euros per night. Ouch! If you come visit me you probably won't be staying
here.... Abdul Aziz apparently committed suicide in the building, finishing his reign. I can't help this gothic thought, but do they charge more for the room he, well you know, chose his own destiny... ? But, it is also argued by "his friends" that he was murdered... I think that if the guy was living in Istanbul ANYTHING could have happened! I mean really. But Murat V his successor was imprisoned in the building for like 27 years or something. But, who get's that room? Ok, I know it was ravaged by fire in the early 1900's, but still....When it was restored we can still know where these people stayed. I don't know, history here just creeps me out. Like this could be a great show for CSI or something. I'm sure they could still find evidence. I mean, does anything ever go unsolved on that show? They don't have this show in Istanbul, don't worry; I check the TV every night. No Grey's Anatamy and No CSI, I am truly living without over here!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment