It has been an intense few weeks.
We arrived at the hospital bright and early. I wasn't even nervous, I just WANTED IT OUT! I'd given up sleeping with Q days ago, and taken up residence on the couch. Each hour crept by painstakingly slow. No water, no food, no nothing until surgery. I was parched, so parched, and so in pain, that I yearned for my IV. I couldn't wait. And as for the time, it came and went with no surgery.
A REALLY nice nurse instructed me to strip down to NOTHING save my socks and put on a hospital gown. Great, I did this in my NON-locking room, and then pouted on my bed. Q patted my leg, told me he loved me, and held my hand. The nice nurse told a student nurse and another student nurse to take me for x-rays. And they did. Through the MAIN hospital lobby. It was SO embarrassing, for me and for the nurses who got in trouble for taking a fairly naked patient through the main lounge, and food lounge. The nurses got reprimanded and I hung my head while healthy people ate and looked on at me in my wheel chair.
After that debacle, my IV went in and so did my drugs. And out came my gall bladder, through my belly button.
My gall bladder ended up being FULL of stones. FULL ya'll. As in the doc said I wouldn't have made it two more weeks. Due to my plethora of gall stones, my last two weeks have been awful. Attacks consisted of puking, writhing on the floor, and other symptoms that need not be mentioned again. Apart from that I was ALWAYS nauseated and ALWAYS in pain. And the pain is gone, woot!
Well, it isn't all gone. Throwing up while your tummy is marked with 4 incisions is NOT fun, but that pesky gall bladder pain is gone. YAY. I'm so excited. Breast feeding Gooner with said incisions is not all that comfortable either, but I'm not giving up! Q has REALLY picked up where I've not been able to help and my Mom has REALLY helped with Gooner. Q had to work the day after my surgery so Mom has been clutch. I'm on the mend and I can't wait until I feel 100% again! I'm off the pain pills...ouch.
Thanks for all the prayers and support!
24 comments:
Bless your heart. I just sent an email. I wasn't sure when the surgery was happening but I'm SO GLAD to hear its already over.
Praying for a quick, painless recovery! You have been on my mind friend. You are one amazing woman. And I'm so glad they got the stones out (emptied you so to speak).
Praying you will be feeling much, much better now! So glad everything went well!
The pain is gone, Woohoo!!! Praying for a quick recovery! Have a Great Weekend!
Full of gall stones is bad. I'm really glad you're on the mend. I hope we can talk sometime soon. In the meantime, I love you and get better!
You poor thing! That sounds HORRIBLE. All of it. But I'm so glad it's out and you're now on the road to recovery!!
i had to get mine removed five years ago (i was only 19 - crazy!) and i've never felt better since! hope your recovery is fast and that you feel back to normal asap! take it easy!
wow I am sure glad it is out of there! So does this mean you won't have such a strict diet now?? my mom had her gallbladder taken out and she can eat fairly normally. Well i hope so for you! Get well soon! I just said a prayer for you!!
You poor thing. I'm glad it's out though and I sure hope you are feeling better REAL soon. Take it easy mama!
So glad the gall bladder pain is gone. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
Glad to hear you're on the mend.
Yes, the pain meds are related to the comment I left you a few days ago. Life has really been a rollercoaster ride for the past three years.
oh my goodness. you poor thing. what nurse with a brain would wheel a 1/2 naked woman through any lobby? she should be fired!
You're such a trooper man. AND, question. Why did they wait so long to have the surgery if you were in that much pain? whoever responsible for making that decision should be fired too!
Feel bettter soon buddy ol' pal.
I'm glad you are feeling better with that procedure complete. Thank God! I wish nothing but uphill recovery for you and back to normalcy soon!! =)
Get better soon!
Wow, you've been through an ordeal and then some! I hope and pray that you'll heal quickly. Take care!
Poor girl! i hope you are healing and pain free very soon.
Praying for you girl!! I hope you have a speedy recovery :)
So glad the deed is done and you won't ever have to worry about it again.
The lobby thing-sounds like something that would happen to me. So sorry.
We'll be praying for a fast recovery!!
So glad that the surgery went well. It sounds like an awful ordeal.
Hope your recovery is swift and the dietary changes aren't as rough as you imagined.
Great news!!!
Glad things went so well. Hope this is all nothing more than a distant memory for you soon! ☺
Oh my goodness! I hope you are doing better and I'm praying for you!!! I know that has to have been so painful...thank goodness for family and a helpful hubby. Thinking of you.... Becky
Yikes! Praise the Lord for skillful doctors and "mommy" power. I'm not sure how you managed to nurse Gooner through that but as my mom would say, "You get a gold star for that one."
Oh goodness...I am so sorry! I will say a prayer for your speedy recovery. Blessings!
Post a Comment