and so do I.I joined Facebook. I did it. Shame on me? Well, I haven't posted any pictures, except my profile pic cause well, I don't want FB owning my mug or my families. I thought I wasn't going to have any friends, BUT never under estimate the power of family. and college. and high school. and la la la la la la la. I've enjoyed seeing people from long lost times ago and catching up. FB for me ends there. I don't like:
Hearing that someone is going to the office, going to the bathroom, or having potatoes in the crock pot. Everybody had a kid starting school this week yah? Well that is all well and good but I don't need to hear:
6:00 - Day started, can't breathe, baby going to school
6:05 - Getting in the shower
6:30 - Making eggs for breakfast - thinking about cholesterol, blech
8:00 - She's walking to the bus, I better go walk with her
8:30 - She's gone, my blessed baby is gone
9:00 - The house is quieter with her gone, I love it
11:00 - The house still smells like eggs, I better check my garden for home grown tomatoes (I'm THAT amazing)
12:00 - Eating from my garden while spinning wool from my sheep
Ok already. We haven't spoken in 10 to 15 years, I really don't care what you had for breakfast, I have lived thus far without your eating habits on my computer. And we all know the wool thing just isn't true.
Peeve Two:
I really don't care about your farmville. I don't. And no, I won't buy a chicken for you. I won't accept a smile from you. I won't do anything that allows FB and affiliates into my profile.
Peeve Three:
I don't care what type of shoe, smell, fruit, disney character or office supply that I am or you are. I cannot believe people have time to sit around and play these games... and then actually post about them. Hello everyone, I'm a paperclip! I am skinny, long, gray and have many functions. If you unbend me I will poke your eye out.
Just sayin' FB is definitely love/hate for me.
13 comments:
This is hysterical! You need to hide those people from your newsfeed. Then, viola!, you don't see what they are doing that is so amazing every 5 minutes.
p.s. I don't even know what Farmville is, nor do I want to know. I ignore every and any request that I receive as such.
p.p.s. Sorry if my couples massage wasn't amazing enough for you...you can hide me if you choose, but that was the highlight of my week...and it's only Tuesday. ;)
That is too funny... I ignore all the requests.. It's insane how many you will get!
p.s. SHE is ADORABLE. ;)
Ahh, she is adorable! LOVE the onesie...(And the fact that you joined FB!!)
Yes, it is me! lol Sorry, I forgot that I don't have Becca in my profile anymore! :)
the quizzes and apps that facebook has added over the last year or so has almost turned me off completely!
I just now ignore them all!
Haha! Love it! I totally agree. I think I update my status once a week - No one cares about your every breath. Geech.
I think you are definitely a candidate for not being on Facebook.
so true. i just block the excessive posters who i dont care about reading about.
and THANK YOU about the freaking farmville. i never accept andy invitation or stupid game. and just when i think ive blocked all the quizes from popping up on my news feed there is another quiz...which i then HIDE.
I do however, still love facebook.
I just found your blog and find it very amusing. I, too, have similar thoughts about FB. I think this excessive need to post about every second of one's day just goes hand in hand with the "me" generation. I got sick of blocking things and decided to take a break.
BTW...love your baby...she is just too adorable.
That's too funny. Do what I do...
You can ignore all applications (such as farmville) and if you have someone that updates their status message constantly, you can ignore their status messages. Mouse over the left hand corner of their message (on the news feed wall) and there should be a little drop down box appear, in which you can ignore their status updates. This also works on all of the quizzes (I have no idea how to spell that). Let me know if you need help!
And OMG, I said LITTLE GUY!!! I was totally NOT thinking. lol I meant SHE!!! SHE is adorable! I feel SO DUMB!!!
Post a Comment