With all the traveling and living abroad you have done, I highly recommend joining facebook. I do and I am amazed at how many people I have reconnected with - including family members. I'll be your first friend! lol
yes. really enjoy it. stay in touch with family and friends much easier...even my grandma. and if my grandma's facebookin it...i feel as if you should be to.
I do not facebook any more. I did in college and my (now) husband and I got tired of it around the same time and we both quit. Sometimes I wish I could go on and see what people are doing etc... but essentially I used to waste too much time on it and people that want to stay in contact have stayed in contact. As far as everyone else I used to know (or currently know but may soon know no longer...) I figure they were in my life for a season and I'm okay with them not being in it forevermore.
I think you should! I love Facebook, but have to limit my time on it...because I agree with some comments that say it's addicting! You can log on and see if any of your friends have posted new pics or 'status updates'...and sometimes I even catch myself looking at photos of people I don't even know. That's when I know Facebook has sucked me in, and it's time to RUN away! ;o) I do love the fact that it helps me feel connected to others (even if only in the virtual world) which is something I think is important as a stay-at-home Momma!
Yes I Facebook and I love it. I have been able to get back in touch with some wonderful people! Also the little updates and pictures of friends and family lets me keep up. I know it sounds a little impersonal but with kids around all of the time (and often screaming) I really do not have time to get on the phone. It is a little like blogging but quicker. You have everyones status' you can read, people can send notes on your wall or send you a private message. It is nice because using FB you don't have to give your email out to everyone and get all the forwards that you would get on email.
I will say the annoying side of FB are the people that update status about every breath, the quizzes and the people that friend everyone just because. I know everyone I friend.
Oh and you can share the photos on your FB to nonFB users, with a link.
I totally do NOT have time, but Mike does. He loves it and keeps in touch with former classmates and professional contacts. He loves it and probably couldn't live without it.
I like facebook for its quick links to people. Sometimes if you can't track someone down or just have a quick question it's an effective way to get their attention. Also, I like pictures. Looking at pictures of other people is very fun. That's also a great reason to blog. :-)
Nope. No facebook here. Mostly because everything put up becomes the property of facebook. There are times when I consider it (and may sign up if I find it to be a useful tool for business or whatever), but right now I figure my blog does nearly the same thing with people I know and love. And all the information can be deleted if I so desired. Jeff's convinced facebook is the mark of the beast. But I'll put money on it that he'll have a profile before me =). Anyway, I think if you have the time and are willing to be super careful with what you put up (prob more careful than blogging...) and want to expand your internet presence, then go for it!
16 comments:
With all the traveling and living abroad you have done, I highly recommend joining facebook. I do and I am amazed at how many people I have reconnected with - including family members. I'll be your first friend! lol
yes. really enjoy it. stay in touch with family and friends much easier...even my grandma. and if my grandma's facebookin it...i feel as if you should be to.
but never do twitter.
it's the devil.
I do not facebook any more. I did in college and my (now) husband and I got tired of it around the same time and we both quit. Sometimes I wish I could go on and see what people are doing etc... but essentially I used to waste too much time on it and people that want to stay in contact have stayed in contact. As far as everyone else I used to know (or currently know but may soon know no longer...) I figure they were in my life for a season and I'm okay with them not being in it forevermore.
i do. it's an addiction. but it's fun. i can stay connected with people that i wouldn't be able to otherwise...
parker's on facebook already, so my vote is obviously yes!
I think you should! I love Facebook, but have to limit my time on it...because I agree with some comments that say it's addicting! You can log on and see if any of your friends have posted new pics or 'status updates'...and sometimes I even catch myself looking at photos of people I don't even know. That's when I know Facebook has sucked me in, and it's time to RUN away! ;o) I do love the fact that it helps me feel connected to others (even if only in the virtual world) which is something I think is important as a stay-at-home Momma!
Yes I Facebook and I love it. I have been able to get back in touch with some wonderful people! Also the little updates and pictures of friends and family lets me keep up. I know it sounds a little impersonal but with kids around all of the time (and often screaming) I really do not have time to get on the phone. It is a little like blogging but quicker. You have everyones status' you can read, people can send notes on your wall or send you a private message. It is nice because using FB you don't have to give your email out to everyone and get all the forwards that you would get on email.
I will say the annoying side of FB are the people that update status about every breath, the quizzes and the people that friend everyone just because. I know everyone I friend.
Oh and you can share the photos on your FB to nonFB users, with a link.
I facebook...it's nice to keep in touch with friends/family. Most days though, I can take it or leave it.
You should join FB!!!
You should definitely do it! Then, add me. :) I don't twitter. I don't understand it.
I totally do NOT have time, but Mike does. He loves it and keeps in touch with former classmates and professional contacts. He loves it and probably couldn't live without it.
Yes! It's great to stay in touch with friends & family!
I like facebook for its quick links to people. Sometimes if you can't track someone down or just have a quick question it's an effective way to get their attention. Also, I like pictures. Looking at pictures of other people is very fun. That's also a great reason to blog. :-)
I would recc it, it's fun to reconnect to high school and college friends and see what they're up to!
i really like it, even more now that a lot of my family is joining it! It's an easy way to remember birthdays and say quick messages to others!
I say do it, but try not to become addicted!
Nope. No facebook here. Mostly because everything put up becomes the property of facebook. There are times when I consider it (and may sign up if I find it to be a useful tool for business or whatever), but right now I figure my blog does nearly the same thing with people I know and love. And all the information can be deleted if I so desired. Jeff's convinced facebook is the mark of the beast. But I'll put money on it that he'll have a profile before me =). Anyway, I think if you have the time and are willing to be super careful with what you put up (prob more careful than blogging...) and want to expand your internet presence, then go for it!
Post a Comment