Friday, June 26, 2009

Fitness Friday... Anyone?

I've been working out. A lot. Like every day.

Today I had a post pregnancy appointment. I took Gooner and walked in as one proud Momma. The nurse called my name and I stood up, stuffed my magazine in the diaper bag, slung the diaper bag over my shoulder, and grabbed Gooner, who was still sleeping peacefully in her car seat. After calling my name a full THREE times I got to the door where the nurse's jaw dropped. "Wow, um, La, you look so small. I am just, I'm shocked. I've never seen you look this way, without your belly." (Remember this Dr. saw me for the first time at 36 weeks and giganormous).

Ok, wait, back up that train. Why on earth was she shocked??? Isn't this her job? She sees patients grow and grow, week after agonizing week, and she's shocked when I have my baby and shrink to a sort of normal size? Why was she shocked? Was I actually that huge? Have I forgotten how huge I was? No I haven't. This hugeness is what keeps me working out!

So, the Dr. checked me out and didn't mention anything about me working out, but said I look great. And then she gave me a look and said in a tone, "NOW, you're cleared to work out." Eeep, I think I was found out...and she seemed ok with it. But I am cleared to run and work out to my heart's content. It could affect my milk supply so I have to be careful.

But how are YOU ladies doing? Still working out? Talk of the Shred has gone down. Did I miss that boat? What do you recommend? Should I try the shred? If not what is your favorite way to workout? Or favorite workout video?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still doing the Shred...just not as often as I should! But, it's Summer! ;-) There's parks to walk to, bikes to ride, and tonight we walked over into Council Bluffs via the Pedestrian Bridge...way fun! I am on Level 2 now though, so I haven't forgotten Jillian!! It made me sore this week! I am doing the Elliptical too again, and hope to get a long session in tomorrow! GREAT job working out and impressing your Dr! Got to love that!! :-)

Adie said...

Good for you! My doctor didn't mind I had been working out before my six weeks - of course he couldn't tell. I have working out a lot too but I am still eating junk. The food part is what I am having trouble with. But I am getting in some awesome workouts - to include spinning which I LOVE!! You have to try it.

katie said...

I'm still shredding, and I like it! I don't do it everyday and I try to run or walk or do other things to keep myself busy and yet entertained. Even if the madness wore down, I think it is still a pretty good workout dvd and would probably be nice on some especially humid days (or if you cannot leave the house) and would be good to have in the winter!

And...Congratulations on looking so dang fabulous! That is funny about the Doc and the Nurse

Anonymous said...

Great job!!

I know I'm a few days late, but hubs and I rode our bikes 10 miles on Sat. and ran 4 miles on Sun!

Suz said...

Way to go! I bet you are sooo glad that appt was here and gone! ;) I'm looking forward to my post appt as well.. 3 more weeks from today! :) That had to feel so good getting such a great compliment! I have 13 lbs to go to my pre-preg weight and then would like to lose another 10 on top of that! You're inspiring me! I'm thinking of starting back on the eliptical now! Especially after seeing the real damage that has been done!

Miss our chats! We need to catch up!