Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't Talk Politics in DC

Want the short story or the looooooooooooooong story? My husband got the long story. My Mom got the long story. I'll spare you.

I babysit for a Democrat. (I didn't think this was a problem).
She found out I was a Republican. (I didn't think stuff like this mattered).
Apparently it does.
Drama and yelling at me ensued.
I turned and walked away. Get this people, I walked away. I normally NEVER back down from a fight. Um, I did.
So she, the Mom, yells after me that "we can make this work."
Really? Work what out? Talk about intolerance...

So to continue with my crabbiness... I hate plastic wrap.


Have you ever noticed that when you pull it out, it immediately sticks to itself unless you pull it out SLOWLY and let it flow in the wind until, by magic, a piece attaches to the plate. THAT has to be done QUICKLY because any other way will cause that piece to be WASTED and stuck to itself.

Yes, that is our kitchen table with my black plates and black place mats. A teeny view into our home.

By the way, Q and I do not watch award shows. We watch The Unit. Amen.

8 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Saran Wrap sucks! I use the magic kind....Glad Press and Seal. Love it!

p.s. That toy you registered for...Sophia is 7+ months and STILL loves the darn thing. I'm hoping she gets over it by the time she's 18.

Suz said...

Wow, that's great that you walked away, especially being pregnant. I do NOT do well with political differences. Way to go!

Angie said...

Wow. I am even more proud of you. We normally watch "the Unit," too. But last night, it was repeats of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. :)


and yes. . . I do need your address.

Lori said...

I hate politics...& glad you could walk away, I wouldn't have been able to when I was pregnant - Saran wrap DOES suck - But then again, it's wonderful too...I'm torn.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your registry. A butterfly bib? Really. K must have picked that one. lol

M

The Mommy said...

Mike and I LOVE The Unit and it is the ONLY show that we always watch!!!
As for your babysitter dilemma, maybe you should read the book "How To Talk To Liberals, If You Must". We're BIG conservatives and luckily, most of our friends and family are too. Mike is very intolerable of democrats, liberals or anything that resembles them.

Unknown said...

Wow. I had no idea that it mattered either. Were you brainwashing her child?

Anonymous said...

Yeah. No politics on the East Coast. Period. As closet conservatives (as in, as red as you can get...) in Rhode Island, we've found it best to steer far far away from politics. Which is unfortunate because I recall living in the most tolerant, peace-loving place called the Midwest, where people abide by an unwritten code called friendliness and/or neighborliness, regardless of our differences. Don't worry, I'm not bitter, just repressed.