Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good News


A special guest arrived from Paris earlier this week... Kweku's Mom! I'm excited to get to know her better. To some, having a mother in law living on another continent would be a gift, but not me. God blessed me with a great "one." I did miss her and I was SO thrilled when I hugged her at the airport AND did the whole cheek to cheek kiss thing. I think she lives with a tea cup welded to her hand, she's full of godly wisdom and it's been a pretty good week. BUT apparently not as good as Korean mother in laws. One of my students told me that most Korean mother in laws' stay for, drum roll please, 6 months! I told Mum this while walking through the airport; we both smiled and then laughed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if we each came for 6 months at a time you would never have any peace & quiet.

Mom

La. said...

Hmmmmmmmmm. Although that SOUNDS super awesome, it only works if you are from super far away. What I mean, according to the Koreans, is that your time of visiting is based solely on your travel time. So what I am saying is you can visit ANGEL for 6 months. She'll love that! (I love you Mom and am looking forward to Christmas!)