Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hoppy Bug

Why is it that when your husband is gone the bugs come out?

So, in the hallway I passed a HUGE bug. Since Kweku was on a business trip and couldn't take care of the nasty thing I decided to use his shoe as a weapon. I grabbed the shoe from the closet, prepared myself, and creeped up on the bug. I figured that the element of surprise would work well on the thing. BUT...the bug was gone! I found it HOPPING around in the other room. You see we are painting the room and have laid a plastic drop cloth. That being said, every time it landed it made this terrible plastic thud! Just terrible. SO, I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the Ant/Roach spray. Perfect fumes for the bug to breathe in. The sad truth remains that the spray made Mr. Hoppy drunk. Now he was hopping into the wall, crashing to the plastic and then up again. I stayed back at a safe distance emptying the can on the bug, or at least in the bugs vicinity. Mind you, the bug was HUGE and I didn't want to get too close. Finally... the bug fell over and died....where it stayed until my husband came home to take care of it.

4 comments:

Angie said...

For a minute there, I wondered whether or not you had a toad.

Glad he's "gone" (the bug) not Kweku!

Anonymous said...

What - no picture of Hoppy Bug?!

Q said...

When I arrived at my hotel, I called Laura and she told me all about the "drunk bug". As soon as I got back home, I got to witness the bug - a mix between a roach and a grasshopper. Very interesting...

Unknown said...

This is hilarious. I wish I could have seen.