
Went to the post office to deliver 28 large manila envelopes (domestic.)
Lady (Asian) weighed envelope, counted envelopes and gave me stamps.
I went to other room and applied one 80 cent stamp and one 26 cent stamp to each of the 28 envelopes.
And so the story goes...
"I'll take those for you."
"thanks."
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. I gave you wrong stamps. I gave you 26 cent Florida panther instead of 17 Florida loon."
I stare at her blankly.
"See, I look at picture not number. See panther is same color as loon. How 'bout I give you refund? We can only give refund by stamps, no cash. How you want refund?"
Hmmmmmmmm, thought I...the choices are ENDLESS "stamps"
Now MUCH rummaging behind the counter and amazing math skills. "You want lots of 3 cents? Or some 25 or..."
"How about the normal 41 cents?"
"ok, now we gotta take off old stamps (i remind you there are 28 envelopes) and don't rip 'cause I can reuse them when customer has package."
After much pulling I get a refund in stamp form.
"wait, ohhhh, I make mistake. You owe me 97 cents. You want me to take it from stamp refund?"
No says I and get out my coin purse.
2 comments:
I love your stories. Keep them coming.
I can' see the deer
AF
Post a Comment