Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Found a Disposable Glove in my Sandwich


True story. Went to Subway and found a plastic glove in there. The "Sandwich Specialist" was pretty embarrassed.

Ever felt like a failure...like this sandwich specialist? Then please remember as Kweku reminded me...

  • 1831 - Lost his job
  • 1832 - Defeated in run for Illinois State Legislature
  • 1833 - Failed in business
  • 1834 - Elected to Illinois State Legislature (success)
  • 1835 - Sweetheart died
  • 1836 - Had nervous breakdown
  • 1838 - Defeated in run for Illinois House Speaker
  • 1843 - Defeated in run for nomination for U.S. Congress
  • 1846 - Elected to Congress (success)
  • 1848 - Lost re-nomination
  • 1849 - Rejected for land officer position
  • 1854 - Defeated in run for U.S. Senate
  • 1856 - Defeated in run for nomination for Vice President
  • 1858 - Again defeated in run for U.S. Senate
  • 1860 - Elected President (success)

5 comments:

Angie said...

Okay, I'm a ditz. . . .I didn't look at the pic. . .I didn't look at the dates. I started reading this, and thought you were talking about KWEKU! I went so far as to imagine you knowing a SENATOR!

By the time I got down to the "president" one, I had figured it out!

I'm sure there is blonde hair on my head somewhere!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Just one?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Angie, it sounds like you are talking about Kweku - and I am not even blonde (in fact I am far from being it).

Unknown said...

The picture is huge.

Perhaps I will have to tell you all a little more about Kweku.

Angie said...

Gee you think? Maybe you could tell us SOMETHING about Kweku.

That would be a start.