Monday, July 16, 2007

Riddle One...Any Guesses?

What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, Up it goes,
And yet never grows?

Well Angie, Starbucks is well, Starbucks... I've been working around 40 hours a week and that REALLY puts a dent in blog time... I have LOTS of stories, although few embrace craziness like a man bursting into flames. Although having a "regular" (I prefer to call him a gentle stalker) wrote a message on my car IN PAINT. I was oh so thrilled about that...

It looks like I will be visiting home soon... I'm pretty thrilled about that. I can't wait to see Harmony and Marcela! Oh yah, AND seeing the rest of my family will be fabulous...but I have priorities.

While walking along a pond near the Vietnam memorial we smelled something nasty. Smelled like death.... Dead body say you? Nope, just a dead rotting fish surrounded by happy drakes... Yet still I remember my favourite show, CSI. To say I am experiencing withdrawl symptoms is mild. I miss my CSI. We finally bought a TV, but we haven't hooked it up yet... Who has time for TV?

Any guesses to the lovely riddle?

I have a new favourite past time..people watching in Old Town Alexandria. Old Alexandria is "cute and quant" and due to this you can count on people wanting to look his/her best. So Kweku and I enjoy looking at people. For example... "is that a shirt she is wearing or curtains?"

I STILL can't find my camera cord.... This means no pics STILL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the riddles. Almost as excited as I am to be reading your blog again.

I have been spending most of my lunch breaks in my car, eating and then taking a nap. I like to people watch from the protection of my darkly tinted windows. I see all kinds of men pushing one another around on carrying carts, wheeling themselves around in wheelchairs, riding forklifts skateboard-style...

Angie said...

I have not a clue aobut the riddle. . .but I'll think about it.

Our (nearly built) Starbucks now has its signature sign above the door. Edison's getting excited. . which is odd because he doesn't drink coffee.

Oh well, life in a southern town. You grab excitement where you can find it.

I'm off to the grocery store. . .talk about excitement!