Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Let the Lion Run Free



Words have meaning, powerful meaning. I have never lived with anybody quite like Hannah. I have not been blessed with a roommate of such quality since Russia. Hannah is the kind of girl you tell stories too, and she laughs with you. She is a friend that does not tear me down...ever. This past year has been a year of friendship; a true test of whom my friends are. Funny, that after having been friends with Hannah for a mere 2 months, she has proven more faithful than friends I've had for years. She embraces my fiesty personality, as I hers. We spend more time talking about where God is leading than we do anything else. Well, we do share stories about what stupid people do in this lovely city. For example....

Today, a citizen of this fine country, living IN the Nations Capital thought that the Captial Building was the White House....... ? huh?

I met a woman on the metro. She was nice. She gave me a Mary Kay consulting card. yikes, these people are EVERYWHERE! Can I not get away from over priced facial products?

A homeless man yelled at me for not giving him money. He's there almost everyday.

I use hand sanitizer ALL the time and a guy told me that hand sanitizer gives you warts because it "kills 99% of all germs." "That one percent" said he, "is the wart germ." I knew better, but for an instant I felt claustrophobic as the alcholol dried cool on my hands.

At Starbucks a customer ordered his drink and THEN looked at me. "WOW, you have amazing teeth." "thanks," giving him a you're stupid look. "Oh, well you see I am a dentist. Please, give my regards to your dentist." I, being the up front person that I am said, "Give your regards to me, I'm the one who brushes them!" I do believe I insulted the man, oops!

Sleep becomes me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

I am so happy you've found someone who loves and understands you. Hannah seems like an awesome girl! That's so important in a roommate. I hope things continue to work out.

Clarissa

Anonymous said...

Laura, this makes my day. You are the most awesome roomie ever. I'm glad you're mine.