So, I'm sitting in my living room as the sun sets. Lovely. The lights are off, I'm in our new pink chair, the window is open with a soft breeze blowing in. The leaves are rustling AND my coffee is delicious. Rare is the day that opportunity knocks and I answer the door to relax. I am the type of person that spends hours at Office Max pouring over different pens and lined paper. Not all paper was created with a list in mind. I like to schedule my day and act accordingly. I appreciate routine and a good list. The last item to do on my list is, make a list for tomorrow. Silly, I know. This is why I love mile markers like the one you see here from my run, mile marker 7...check. Because I am so busy I often forget about the sun setting and things like that. This my friends is why I like to run. It gives me time to think and meditate. As you can tell from previous posts I cannot, I repeat cannot do this on the bus or the metro. Surrounded by squeeks and blackberries, no the metro is NOT the time to reflect on the future. or the past. I have a hard time thinking about anything save my exit. I ran out of coffee creamer and need to take a walk to Safeway. Ok, stories about my run:
Two guys honked at me, waved and then pulled over. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, why????? I need a shirt that says, "leave me alone."
A Spanish guy, speaking Spanish into the phone yelled after me, "Hey lady, wait. Hey lady. Wait. Wait. Hey Lady...."
A guy honked and waved. Hmmmmm, I'm not sure the proper protocal here. Do I put it into high gear and sprint after him lest I lose my one chance at finding prince charming? Was he just honking his appreciation?
A biker ran into me.
I'm CLEARLY runnning on MY side and a lady yelled from behind in a STRANGE voice, "Watch out, we've got some heavy traffic on your left!" I AM running on a BIKE trail in Washington DC... I do not expect to have the trail all to myself. The customary, "On your left." would have worked excellent in this situation.
A couple kept roaring by me in an out of control sprint only for me to pass them while they were walking. We played leap frog. Slow and steady wins the race!
2 comments:
I missed you when I ran all alone yesterday. Some people honked, but I don't think it was at me. That was really the only excitement. No crack, no creeps, no nothing.
Life is less fun without you, Laura.
Obviously the world thinks you're hot. ;-) I think you're beautiful. I'm glad the boys don't pay attention to me like they do to you. Too much annoyance and pressure.
Clarissa
Post a Comment