I became a tourist. I must become a tourist due to the fact that friends (that means YOU) will be visiting me and expect me to know everything about D.C. For the most part you don't want to be that girl that can't make it up the metro without tripping on her skirt. Yes, this did happen to the woman in front of me and I couldn't escape the small laugh that fell upon my lips. It was so perfect. As were these amazing quotes...
1.) China and Japan are basically the same country. (hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, really?)
2.) I don't caress everone I meet. (this is a good thing! This is the most awesome quote in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!)
3.) What metro stop is the Smithsonian. (the Smithsonian)
4.) I'm on the blue line. (while pointing at the green)
5.) For every metro ticket I buy, do I have to throw a buck away? (um no)
6.) You work here? You mean there are actually offices in the Reagan building? (hmmm, US DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND COMMERCE!)
7.) People actually work in the Capital? (Yes, actually they do.)
Ok, so tourists come to DC in flocks and they are all 13 years old and they are ALL hopelessly head over heals in love. One such girl was wearing flip flops, leg warmers and a mini skirt and the guys were just flocking around her. In Nebraksa I'd say "like stink on manure" but well, that isn't so much a DC thing to say... I was so irritated with smelly 13 year old boys calling out to her... although she totally embraced it. Did I act in such a way as this at the age of 13? This is appears to be the city of love. Although some would argue that Ohio is the state for love, I beg to differ.
No comments:
Post a Comment