Sunday, April 29, 2007

On the Topic of Hair (unrelated to the photo)


So perhaps I just don't understand, but grotesque creatures that exist on shows like pirates of the Caribbean should ONLY exist as fiction. Athough this would seem to be a rational thought... this is DC... And so the story goes.

At L'enfant Plaza I managed to wedge myself between throngs of peope and shove my way into an empty metro seat. This is quite an accomplishment during rush hour. As a creature of habit, I did what I always do and scan the car. I like to know what shady characters are lurking about. While my eyes were dancing from person to person they stopped upon a woman painstakingly clipping her fingernails. She was a dark black woman with inch long dreadlocks leaving about half an inch BLEACHED. As she bopped her head to clip her nails it looked as if a thousand tiny maggots danced. It was SO gross and I wondered about her. Did she go to the salon and ask for maggot induced head trauma, or is this one of the instances where the hair dresser just did an "oops" with hair dye. Hmmmmmmmmmm, perhaps I shall wait before I trim my locks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the clipping nails that bothered you.