Your parents. Just thought I'd throw that in. This pic is of my Mom and her quilt machine. She's pretty good. I, on the other hand have a hard time with sounds and I hate the way the fabric squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks as the blade cuts it. Henceforth the quilt I've been making for like forever is STILL in its bin. I think Mom did all the cutting, but then I have to sew while she cuts stuff for her next quilt. Vicious cycle. I got assessed at Starbucks tonight. A "regular" stuck his tongue out at me, meanwhile I was washing a knife...he left shortly after...was he really afraid???. When people see me they call me "Laura" Lauren" (if you call me this you get pummeled with ice chips), "Starbucks" "Newbie." And now "regulars" are quizzing me on what they drink.... I've memorized a few... Wet, tall, bottoms up, I'm getting it.... I did a coffee tasting for a group of guys. I got Non coffee drinking marines to drink straight up black Mexican Organic Shade grown. And they HAD to swallow to save face. Loved every second. Even I grimace at this roast and I can drink coffee black. Ohhhhh, I'm livin' the Barista life... Seriously people, I love my job!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Don't Take For Granted
Your parents. Just thought I'd throw that in. This pic is of my Mom and her quilt machine. She's pretty good. I, on the other hand have a hard time with sounds and I hate the way the fabric squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks as the blade cuts it. Henceforth the quilt I've been making for like forever is STILL in its bin. I think Mom did all the cutting, but then I have to sew while she cuts stuff for her next quilt. Vicious cycle. I got assessed at Starbucks tonight. A "regular" stuck his tongue out at me, meanwhile I was washing a knife...he left shortly after...was he really afraid???. When people see me they call me "Laura" Lauren" (if you call me this you get pummeled with ice chips), "Starbucks" "Newbie." And now "regulars" are quizzing me on what they drink.... I've memorized a few... Wet, tall, bottoms up, I'm getting it.... I did a coffee tasting for a group of guys. I got Non coffee drinking marines to drink straight up black Mexican Organic Shade grown. And they HAD to swallow to save face. Loved every second. Even I grimace at this roast and I can drink coffee black. Ohhhhh, I'm livin' the Barista life... Seriously people, I love my job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is the quilt Lynn & I worked on together for a family that had lots of medical bills. It was raffled off at a benefit.
I would love to see more of "mom's" quilts. Of course, I'd love to be able to find my sewing machine.
sigh.
Post a Comment