Thursday, March 1, 2007

Blizzard Conditions = Snow DayS



Round One for the Storm


This was the prelude.


Still snowing, still blowing and I remain faithfully in Nebraska. I'm not leaving for the East as I80 is CLOSED, yup couldn't get there if I tried. People are STILL stranded. Snow plows are stuck. People are freezing, and I'm safe and warm and waiting it out. It's been a long time since I've experienced weather like this because the "badness" just hasn't stopped. I've read that in the olden days people would go crazy merely from hearing the wind howl for days on end. The news said that we received 8 inches to a foot of snow today alone. I'm thinking yah, I'm glad that I didn't leave today which was the original plan. And more snow is on the way tomorrow. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....when will I embark on this long road trip?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you hadn’t left yet and that you are still safe in Nebraska. The pictures of the storm are beautiful. Jeff checked and we have not had a storm like this one since the winter of 1998. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay Laura...and not driving to DC. I got stuck trying to leave work last night and had to dig myself out. Yuck.

Clarissa

cotadajdaj said...

You really didn't want to go to DC anyway right? Don't worry, don't hurry, DC will be there after you get unburied! Ok... I know... sad poem, but hey stay safe! Don't forget me here in Kosove!