Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow


It's really cold here. I wonder if it is that cold in DC.... I haven't checked the weather. I have less than a month before I move to DC, yet I'm still slacking on the whole packing thing. What to take, what not to take... eh I might as well leave everything where it is and let it fester. Fester, fester, fester. How much can you fit in a Saturn? I'm going to have to make some major decesions. BUT, my shoes are going with me. That's a given. I could leave my sled at home, but it goes everywhere with me. I'll never forget climbing a mountain with my roomies only to sled down. Did you know that mountains are made of rock? Yah, our tail bones learned that on the way down. I thought that the snow would somehow cover all the rocks and we would go sailing down quickly and FUN! We'd also hit random shrubbery and go flying. Good times. So what if I need my sled in DC? I did need my sled while I was in Russia, Clarissa can attest to that! I will have my air mattress in case I have to sleep on the floor. Some places are furnished, some aren't and Laura is soon to be homeless. You know what I'd love to do. I'd love to do some camping this summer. Do some hiking and camp in a tent and roast hot dogs and drink a warm beverage. Or since I'm living on the east I could do some GREAT road tripping. I hear adventure calling! Man, I'm already excited about the road trip over there! I know it will be a lot of driving, BUT the last time I was over in that direction I was shooting Archery in the World Champs and a "Close Up" Washington DC tour with my Jr. Class.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're bringing your car? crazy girl! where are you going to put it?

and to answer your question: it is freezing in DC today!!! soooo cold!

Anonymous said...

It was cool, not cold, when I was in DC, but that was 1 month ago...and the weather has drastically changed.
Take your music.
Take your camera (that city can be so beautiful...tourist spots and other).
I don't think I should give packing advice. You know me. I don't pack ahead.

Clarissa