Wednesday, January 17, 2007
In the Age of Idol
So as most of you know, I've been a huge Idol fan. My family and I would record it on the DVR and watch it sans commercials. We'd even call and vote on our favorite people. BUT, this whole Taylor Hicks thing really bugs me. So the season ended bad. THEN Idol crew have spoken little about anything but how great they are. I don't know how many times I've heard that though they are on season six they aren't going anywhere ANYTIME soon. THEY ARE NUMBER 1! They are pretty pompous. And then Tuesday night happened. I thought it was terrible! Sure, I laughed and some of the scenes were funny, but we heard barely anybody decent. Isn't the point of the show to find a good person? They spent more time on bad people then people who blow us away. Isn't it weird that none of us see the auditions of the people who actually win, until they win... Or at least until they make it to a certain week where they show them all in one giant collage. I don't know, the show lost something for me. Randy was really mean to this kid and I felt bad for him. And of course these people think they are good because they made it through other rounds to make it to the New Panel of 4! And Jewel didn't do anything. She just sat there and didn't want to say anything negative. Her facial expressions were great and parts were hilarious! True, BUT I'm not dying to watch the show or anything. Not like last year. And I kinda want ratings to go down since they have become sooooooooooo pompous! Seriously! Or at least I don't want to be a part of the pompousness of it all. So we'll see. If it gets better, sure I'll watch it. If it continues as it has, I might stop. I have better things to do with my time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The purpose of the auditions is to showcase the really awful auditions. It doesn't matter who's going to Hollywood during the auditions because we will see them in Hollywood. I only really watch the the auditions to hear bad auditions and watch the horrified expressions on the judges faces. I don't really care about Hollywood.
AJ
No, the purpose of the autitions is to find GOOD singers to send to Hollywood week. We will not see them in Hollywood as we will STILL see only the bad ones... True I watch it hear how bad people are and see faces BUT, I know of some REALLY good people who did not even make it to the Simon panel; so why are only the bad and the mediocre passing through? Hee hee, I am feeling some ethical issues here...lol
Ok - so I am a little late getting on the Idol bandwagon. I probably wouldn't have watched it at all last year, but I injured my back and there wasn't much else on TV. So, I got hooked and even voted!! I had McPheever! Anyway, I agree with your thoughts and felt so bad for the three young men they humiliated. (You know ... the two guys that became friends in line, who will no doubt make the finale just to see if they are still friends ... and the computer programmer.) Their tryouts were more than awful - and they seemed sincere. As for me, I will continue to sing - alone - in my car with the volume turned up ... LOL.
Thanks for the needed smile today, Laura.
Jean
Laura did you know that Emilee Severson tried out and we never got to see her. She never made it to Simon, Paula and Randy. They told her that her voice was wonderful and if she would have tried out in LA instead of Minnesota she would have made it. She has a beautiful voice just like Katie!love, Paula
Post a Comment