Wednesday, November 8, 2006

A New Experience


So the voting is over and the results are in...how do you feel? I feel soooooooooo detached all the way over here. I will admit though, I didn't miss the commercials... Those campaign adds that are oh so dumb because all they do is make fun of the other candidate(s). It really is brilliant because this way you don't have to have a platform... So I got my hair trimmed up today and it was a new experience for me. This whole "kuaforu" thing here in Turkey. First off I went with my friends Angela and Yeshim. Member Angela? she's from New York and in reality we shouldn't hang out together (ie: two Americans together, at least British people can kinda tone us down. ie part deux: Pop Laura, it's jolly good to be at the Kuaforu and away from the street rubbish eh dahling?). We are like the loudest people in the world together! When we go anywhere together, everyone just stares... So we are loud AND screaming over the hair dryer. Brilliant, but the other customers "enjoyed" listening to us talk in English so maybe it was ok? And then in the middle of her manicure, the lady just disappeared. Like voila, no girl? I mean, in America she could just sue because her nails could get messed up from over exposure or something. Ok, so you have to have Damage to make a Torts case? Palease, we can create damage and blame it on missing manincure girl, but we don't because she returned. Bummer cause you know me, I love a good argument.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and I promise, there's more to come!