Friday, October 20, 2006

So I Survived...

my first earthquake. It was a new experience for me, but these new experiences have been happaning a lot lately. When my room started moving I knew something was up... As for the new experiences, that remains to be seen. I'm waiting for the day I have been here longer than Russia. You know, like I wonder how I will feel then. I mean, it's only been 2 months. Time has really flown in reality, yet when I think of 2 years... Life as a teacher is keeping me busy and I have amazing new friends. BUT, I miss my family, friends and FAMILIAR food! Really, what I wouldn't do for velveeta, cherry pie and a good cheese burger. lol. or grilled potatos and barbecue chicken by my Dad. You see, I was doing fine until my friend Esau on the bus started this fun game called, "what do yo miss about america?" I miss Wal-Mart and Old Navy. I miss a place that has laws about flatness! lol, I was doing fantastic until this game. So currently I will just enjoy the taste of tomatos and olives. I really am enjoying myself in this country, don't get me wrong. But who can't be a lil homesick during a game called, 'what do you miss about home?'

No comments: